Table of contents
- Terms and conditions
- About book2wheel.com
- Provision of services
- Prices and tariffs
- Cancellations and refund
- Payment Deposit, driver's license, passport and limitations
- Owner responsibilities
- Renter responsibilities
- Theft, accidents and breakdown
- Insurance policy
- Further correspondence
- Personal information
- Communication between you and Book2Wheel
- In-app chat between users
- Processing personal data
- Data retention policy upon user deletion
- Analyzing your Communications
- We protect you and the Book2wheel community
- Uploading images on Book2Wheel
Terms and conditions
book2wheel.com – a commercial trademark propriety of Book2Wheel ou (Reg.Code:143444789) (hereinafter referred to as the Company or ‘we’ or ‘us’) is presenting to you the terms and conditions. They may be amended from time to time,and they apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through our partners) made available online. By accessing, browsing, or using our website, you are assumed to have read and understood the terms and conditions set out below.
book2wheel.com is an online booking and reservation website for vehicles such as (but not limited to): motorbikes, cars,scooters, and bicycles.
Provision of services
- book2wheel.com provides an online platform through which all types of rental companies or individuals can add or enlist their vehicles (motorbikes, scooters, and bicycles, cars, vans and other vehicles) in our system for reservation, and through which visitors of our website can book or make such reservations.
- By booking at book2wheel.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the rental owner/company. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the provider, transmitting details of your reservation to the relevant rental owner/company, and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the rental owner/company.
- Information we disclose is based on the information provided to us by the rental owner/company.
- book2wheel.com shall not be held responsible for the information disclosed on our website. They are based on what the rental owner/companies have provided to us.
- book2wheel.com must not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification, or rating of any rental companies made available.
- Services that book2wheel.com provides are for personal and non-commercial use only. Reselling, deep-linking, using, copying, monitoring, displaying, downloading, or reproducing any content or information are strictly prohibited.
- Booking of a motorbike, cars, scooter, or bicycle does not guarantee that the vehicle is available on your requested dates. You will need to wait for confirmation informing you of its availability.
Prices and tariffs
- All prices on book2wheel.com are per motorbike, cars, scooter, and bicycle for your rental period.
- Prices displayed on the website are for daily, weekly, and monthly rental periods.
- The daily rental rate is calculated on a 24-hour basis.
- Rental owner/company is not allowed to charge higher than the amount displayed on our website.
- The rental price you receive after placing a booking request is the amount to be paid on the rental owner/company. book2wheel.com has the right to collect 20% of the total price including the service fee through different payment options we provide when advance payment is requested. The rest of the price is to be paid directly to the owner/company.
- The price of the vehicle will be confirmed at time of booking and calculated based on its daily rate. If you wish to, you can extend the period of hire after picking the bike up. If you drop off the vehicle later than the agreed date of return, the amount to be paid will be higher than what was stated upon confirmation of booking.
Cancellations and refund
- You have the freedom to cancel your booking request at any time.
- In situations when the booking is canceled by the vehicle owner, or when the owner does not accept the booking within two days, you receive full refund of funds you paid online for the reservation.
- (GCash and GrabPay only) In case a pending booking gets cancelled by You before owner approval, you will NOT receive a refund of funds paid online. Refund will be only issued when the booking is cancelled by the Owner, or the booking did not receive any owner action within two days.
- (Credit/Debit card and Paypal only) When a pending booking gets cancelled (either by You or the Owner) before owner approval, or the Owner did not accept the booking within two days, your online funds will be released (uncaptured).
- Accepted bookings, regardless of payment method, can be canceled free of charge only if the cancellation takes place in more than 72 hours before the rental begins. If you cancel the booking in less than 72 hours, the funds you paid online will not be refunded. The reason for that is that the owner of the vehicle holds the bike/car for the client and rejects other booking reservations for the client who already booked the vehicle and paid the advanced sum.
- If you wish to review, or adjust your reservation, immediately notify our support team by sending an email at email@example.com
- When you hire a motorbike, scooter, or bicycle, at a rental owner/company, you accept and agree to their corresponding terms and conditions with regard to their cancellation policy in cases that you want to return the motorbike, scooter,cars or bicycle before the expiration of the rental period. In case of a dispute with the rental owner/company, you can contact us by phone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book2Wheel is not required to make refunds before and once rental commences regardless of the reason for vehicle renters being unable to complete his or her rental. Book2Wheel cannot be made liable for unexpected reasons of cancellation, unpleasant or unsuitable weather conditions and no refunds are made for such conditions.
Payment Deposit, driver's license, passport and limitations
- Most rental owner/company requires a deposit for the motorbike,cars scooter, or bicycle such as cash, your ID or passport, at the start of the rental to cover the liability excess, any charges incurred during the rental, and in some cases, fuel.
- Every driver must be at the legal age of 18 and above and have a valid driving license and passport before renting. Expired licenses will not be accepted. Get your license checked in a local police station before riding the motorbike. You must always carry your original driving license with.
- Some rental owner/company requires that you return the rented vehicle with a full tank. Please confirm this with the rental owner/company first before renting.
- Occasionally, it may be necessary for changes to be made to your booking (after acceptance) by us or by the rental owner/company. In case of any changes, we will advise you as reasonably as possible before pick up. However, in such circumstances, we shall have no additional liability in respect of any direct or indirect losses you may suffer as a result of such changes.
- Restrictions may apply when taking the scooter, cars, motorbike, or bicycle to a different city, or province. Before taking the vehicle to a different city, or province, ask the rental owner/company.
- Rental owner/company has a complete right to refuse in lending the vehicle to any person who is considered unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. We will not be held liable for the completion of travel arrangements, refunds, compensation, damages, or any other costs you, the renter, may have to pay in such a case.
The vehicle renter must not:
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purposes.
- Overload the vehicle.
- Use the vehicle if he/she may reasonably be considered unfit to drive.
- Use the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Use the vehicle for racing, speed testing or teaching to drive.
- Use the vehicle off-road or on racetracks.
- Use the vehicle for carrying fare-paying passengers.
If you are dissatisfied in any way with your rental, please inform the rental owner/company as soon as possible. You may also file a complaint to our Customer Service team
- The owner of the vehicle must be above 18 years old.
- The owner shall provide a vehicle which has an updated registration as well as a third-party insurance. If the vehicle insurance expires, you are not allowed to rent out your vehicle to other people.
- The vehicle shall be well maintained and in good condition, Book2Wheel is not liable for any damage which happens on renter, it will be strictly the liability of the owner.
- Before renting out a motor, please make sure you checked the renter has a valid driving license, please check the arrival date of the renter in the country of passport, a foreign citizen can drive in the Philippines up to 90 days, after he will have to renew it at local authorities. Both party shall be aware of these circumstances. For more details, please click go to this link: https://www.lto.gov.ph/frequently-asked-questions/license-permit.html.
- The owner shall provide a full face helmet , the number of helmets provided can freely chosen by the owner.
- It is the vehicle owner's responsibility to obtain a local business permit and license for sharing/borrowing their vehicles. In the Philippines, vehicle owners are required to obtain the 'LTFRB' permit. Each country has its own rules, please check these rules before listing your vehicle.
- To avoid theft, the renter must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle at all times. The renter shall leave the vehicle only in secured parking areas and must use all security devices fitted to and supplied with the vehicle.
- The renter must always protect the vehicle against bad weather, which can cause damage.
- The renter should avoid riding the vehicle near or by the beach as the salty water can cause rusts and damage to the vehicle.
- The renter must make sure to use the correct fuel and engine oil for the vehicle.
- The renter must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.
- The renter must let Book2Wheel know without delay and no later than 24 hours when he/she becomes aware of a fault in the vehicle. The vehicle renter must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the permission of the owner/company and Book2Wheel. If the owner/company gives the renter permission, a refund can be acknowledged if the renter has a valid receipt for the work. Failure to comply shall engage the responsibility of the renter for any expenses required to repair the vehicle or bring the vehicle into compliance with legal regulations.
- For rental periods over a week or 2000 km, the renter shall conduct basic checks every 500 km (i.e. oil & coolant level, tire pressure, chain tension & grease).
- If you are renting a bicycle, check if it has two brakes and front/back light, check if tires are not flat before you leave the owner location and chain has good tension on it.
- The renter must comply with national traffic laws and regulations.
- Renter must carry his/her motorbike driving license with him all time. If renting a car then a car driving license.
Theft, accidents and breakdown
- In the case of the vehicle’s theft or any damage, the renter agrees to inform the owner/company and Book2Wheel without delay and no later than 12 hours of the incident. Check the vehicle owner rental requirement and ask them their condition of theft, accident and breakdown. How much you would have to pay or what kind of insurance they have.
- If the vehicle is involved in an accident, the renter should get names and addresses of everyone involved including witnesses. Make sure to have an incident report by police. The renter should also make the vehicle secure and tell the police without delay if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible.
- Book2Wheel must not be held liable in case the vehicle shared/hired is stolen. The owner of the vehicle has let other people use his/her bike on its own behalf. Book2Wheel is not liable in any case, it is the owner of the vehicle /business responsibility to verify before renting out the vehicle to a person who made a booking reservation through book2wheel.com.
- In the case of breakdown or mechanical issues, please contact the rental owner/company immediately.
- We advise you to buy travel insurance in order to protect yourself from any incident.
- When you rent a bicycle in Denmark make sure to ask the bicycle owner what are their terms for loss of bicycle and how much they would charge you for the stolen bike.
- In the event that the borrower/renter violates the law or for any other reason that results to impoundment of the vehicle, the borrower/renter must pay for all the charges fined by the police and other charges indicated by the owner in his terms and conditions (if any).
- In the event of reckless driving which results to confiscation of the vehicle by the police, the borrower/renter must pay the full amount of the current market value of the vehicle to the owner. As borrower/renter, we advise you to ask the owner what is the current market value of their vehicle.
- Book2Wheel is not responsible nor is liable. It is the owner's responsibility to explain his/her terms and conditions to the borrower/renter.
- Most rental owners/companies provide insurance in cases of theft, accident, force majeure, and damages on vehicle. Please confirm this first with the rental owner/company before renting the vehicle.
- Insurance offered by the rental owner/company is a third party only insurance (TPO). Third party insurance covers legal liability for the damage caused to a third party only – bodily injury, death, and damage to third party property – while motorbike/scooter/bicycle is used.You must check the insurance papers before renting the vehicle. Also ask the owner what type of insurance he has on this vehicle.
- In case the rental owner/company obtained insurance from Book2Wheel’s insurance service, Book2Wheel will only be responsible for connecting the owner/company to the insurance agent, and it will be the rental owner/company’s responsibility to communicate with the insurance company.
- By completing a booking, you agree to receive an email from us confirming your booking request, informing you of the rented vehicle’s availability on your chosen date/s, reminding you prior to the date of pick up, and confirming if you have picked up and returned the vehicle already.
Communication between you and Book2Wheel
- We will communicate to you mostly through email. The email we will be using is our Customer Service team’s email: email@example.com In cases that immediate correspondence is needed, we have the right to call or send SMS to the number you provided when you booked on our website.
- You are held responsible for all the messages sent to you.
- All messages sent to you will be sent using English.
- You are required to keep records of our exchanges in communication may it be the email sent to you via email or SMS.
- We use twilio.com to send SMS. If you do not want to receive SMS, you can always disable this feature in account settings.
In-app chat between users
- We advise you to not to share any sensitive information using the Book2Wheel chat service.
- Your chat message are saved in our archive. Since this is a sharing service, people can use motorbikes and cars in an illegal manner. For that reason, we retain your chat history in case if we will ever need to provide proof to the authorities if a crime was committed. If you are not satisfied with our terms, we advise you to not to use book2wheel.com. If you have used or continue to use our service then you agree with our terms.
Processing personal data
Book2Wheel collects and processes the following personal data: name of the client, user avatar, telephone number, date of birth, nationality, vehicle pickup location, vehicle details and email address and if needed a copy of personal identification document. The data is collected to connect you with the vehicle owner. Your details are shared with the vehicle owner so they can identify and contact you. The vehicle owner’s information is shared with the renter so he can reach your location.
When it comes to motorbike owners, we also collect motorbike pick up locations where the renter can find you. We do not forward this information to any 3rd party. This information is kept so any time both parties can contact each other. Book2Wheel uses this information to contact you, provide updates on your booking details and/or send you a new listing of motorbike/cars.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Data retention policy upon user deletion
You can always submit a request to delete Your user account from the Book2Wheel system. This option is available in dashboard, settings.
- Private information such as your phone number, email, driver's license, uploaded vehicles that appear to be part of bookings made on Book2Wheel, as well as chat messages, will be kept in the system for an indefinite period and will be used as a proof to resolve unexpected criminal accidents.
- Under no circumstances will the retained private information be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
- Part of your public information such as name and avatar will still appear in some places on Book2Wheel. For example, in reviews left by you for other people.
- If you disagree with above statements please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyzing your Communications
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Book2wheel Platform for reasons outlined in the 'Processing personal data' section of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
We protect you and the Book2wheel community
We do our best to keep you safe by reviewing messages on the Book2Wheel platform. We will block potentially dangerous messages that contain words or numbers that might include contact information or references to other sites, including external links. You can help. If you get a suspicious message, let us know by reporting it or flagging it in your inbox.
Uploading images on Book2Wheel
By uploading your vehicle on Book2Wheel you give the right to Book2Wheel to publish images on social media and create ads.
You must only upload an actual image of your motorcycle which should not be copied from the Internet. If you have shared another person image and violated the privacy laws you will face legal consequences.
- book2wheel.com operates online and carries out all its operations under Book2wheel book2wheel OÜ (Registered in Estonia with registration number 14344789). Book2Wheel is also registered as business in the Philippines under Book2wheel travel and tour and in Denmark under the name of Book2wheel aps.
- In case a part of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or unlawful, then said part will be removed and the remaining parts shall continue to be enforceable to the extent allowed by law.